LOCATED IN THE CENTRE OF A SMALL VILLAGE NAMED EAST PRAWLE ON THE MOST SOUTHERLY POINT IN DEVON.
The Pigs Nose Inn is a Traditional English Pub with character and the addition of being Devon's most southerly independent live music venue. Located in a village of East Prawle, not far from Kingsbridge. The pub overlooks the charming village green where you can sit down in the summer days and enjoy a Ploughman's Lunch or pub sandwiches. On occasional evenings we hold live music nights and events in our adjoining venue room with performances from Atomic Kitten, Electric Swing Circus, The Correspondents, Damon Albarn, Paul Young (Los Pacaminos), Wishbone Ash, Nashville Teens, The Animals, The Yardbirds and The Boomtown Rats to name a few. Where you can dance the night away to a verity of different styles of live music.
We are proud winners of CAMRA local award with a selection of local and popular ales poured directly from casks behind the bar. Serving tantalising tasty ales from South Hams Brewery, Otter Brewery and during the holidays we have a guest ale.
The pub dates back more than 200 years, during which in its history had been a Victorian hotel and a smugglers inn used to 'store the booty' from the various shipwrecks around the coast then being changed slightly to a petrol station when cars started appearing.
real ales straight from the barrel
summer Opening Hours
Mon-Thu 12pm–3pm • 5pm–11:30pm
Mon-Sun 12pm–2pm • 6:00pm–9pm
Press & Awards
- CAMRA South Devon Pub Of The Year 2005
- Damon Albarn launches new band with tiny pub gig - NME Oct 212006
- DJ Rob da Bank: Too old to party hard on New Year's Eve, but too young for an early night... - The Independent 30 December 2007
- CAMRA South Devon Pub Of The Year 2011
- CAMRA South Devon Pub Of The Year 2013
- Blur, Atomic Kitten: local pub gets all the best gigs - The Times September 16 2016
- The Easy Riders: The Wrong Way Round - Episode 6 (With Danny John-Jules) - TV
- Britain's 20 best pubs by the sea. - The Times
- Devon Nightlife - The Telegraph 11 APRIL 2017